TRiFOCAL Wave 1 summary
Following a comprehensive research and strategy period, which included consumer testing of messages and styles, TRiFOCAL developed its citizen facing campaign Small Change Big Difference. The planned delivery approach was to launch the campaign in three waves of activity, in order to undertake a ‘test and learn’ approach.
In wave 1, the campaign was launched in three London boroughs: Hackney, Lambeth and Merton were the first to implement the campaign.
Using TRiFOCAL’s materials and insight, each borough worked closely with WRAP and LWARB to develop campaign activities and advertisements to engage their residents in the three key messages: sustainable and healthy eating, food waste prevention and food waste recycling.
Below is a summary of some of the activities conducted for each of the participant boroughs for wave 1:
- A pop up restaurant event
- Posters and food photography displayed across Hackney Central Station
- An online ‘raw food art’ competition
- Cookery classes
- Campaign posters were displayed on waste livery vehicles
- ‘Grand Panel’ films
- An advert was shown in cinemas
- A local food waste guide
- Free food storage items were given away
- Student sculpture on the 3 subjects placed in the borough.
- 3D artwork developed to illustrate key messages, placed around the borough
- Online competition
- Campaign billboards around the borough
- ‘Grand panel’ videos